Wednesday 6 January 2016

I'm engaged! Now what?

Hello there!

It's been years since I last wrote a blog entry. The last time I blog was like four years ago and it was all about age-inappropriate teenage angst and sarcasm. But then, I realize that sarcasm was really my nature so this blog will still be full of sardonic wit and... wait a minute, this is a wedding blog and someday, will be about marriage and stuffs.

Okay, okay! I'm having this blog because I just got engaged. My boyfriend, which now I will call the Fiance, proposed to me last November 9, 2015 at Boracay. He wasn't prepared really. The proposal was not part of our Boracay plans. Yet, he was too happy that his happiness will be spoiled if he didn't proposed. So, he did. Since, it was spontaneous he did not have any ring to give me. But he did kneel in front of me enough to make me believe that he is sincere. And at least, he proposed at one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

So after more than a month of the said proposal, I still didn't have the ring. Until he invited me out for a date last Dec. 20, 2015 at S.E.A. Aquarium in Sentosa, Singapore after our church service. He told me we were supposed to have a dinner reservation at the SEA Aquarium restaurant but the restaurant is already full. So, I told him I'll treat him with some corn dog instead. We sat in front of the big aquarium, watch the fishes, and ate our corn dogs. Then, he hold my left hand and slipped it around my ring finger.


Sorry for the nails! I was not prepared to have the ring that time!
Hiding the nails! 
I love the simplicity of our engagement. It is exactly what I want it to be. Nothing grand. Just the two of us and some fishes. Nothing that attracts too much attention. He knows what I want and how I want it to be and that made me appreciate his efforts more.

Hence, that is why I'm writing this blog now. I want to share the wonderful things of preparing for the wedding, and the hectic scheduling of everything wedding related. I'm not an expert when it comes to weddings but I think my future husband is. Hahaha! Anyway, this is just me chronicling the wedding preparation of me and the fiance. Wedding will only happen once might as well save the memories of planning and the important stuffs.

After our wedding, I hope I can impart some tips and tricks on wedding preparation. As for now, if you know anything that can help me, then feel free to comment and help me!! Please!



No comments:

Post a Comment