Sunday 24 January 2016

Venue Hunting: The hardest part of being an overseas couple 1

This is the most difficult part as the both of us are based in Singapore. There are several options for venues but I want to see them myself first before booking. As for the caterers, I only want two options. I will expound more about the caterer later.

Since we are decided to have a Christian ceremony, we are looking for a garden venue or somewhere overlooking a beautiful scenery. I already crossed out Tagaytay from the list for personal reasons. However, I considered Club Balai Isabel as one of our venues. Our main choice for the venue would be at Antipolo, Rizal. Firstly, it is cheaper than Tagaytay. We are on a tight budget so we have to look for an equally good option. Second, it is a destination wedding yet near my hometown, Project 4, Quezon City. Third, not much traffic compared to Tagaytay. But I do believe there will still be traffic as Manila is really congested.

We haven’t done any ocular yet but below are the chosen venues in Antipolo where we would do our viewing. I just chose them based on the photos I have seen and the reviews from other brides.

1. The Mango Farm

It is located inside Kingscourt Village, Antipolo City. It is one of our main choice because fiance and I love the lush green garden good for the ceremony. And also, there is closed pavilion for the reception. It is exactly what I was looking for yet I haven’t seen it. I love the fact that they don’t do simultaneous event in one day. So, if we rent the place, it is ours the whole day. 

http://www.theweddingscoop.com/entry/ray-an-and-marinelle-s-beautifully-crafted-wedding-at-the-mango-farm
http://thecurrays.blogspot.sg/2013/02/suppliers-review-mango-farm.html
http://mangofarm101.blogspot.sg/2013/04/the-mango-farm-is-also-indoor-reception.html
2. La Huerta Estate

This was my first choice before I discovered The Mango Farm. La Huerta Estate is a 100% family owned vacation house. I liked it because of the Tipolo Deck where you can view the whole city. I think it would be great to have a sunset ceremony in that overlooking part of the estate. Here are the pictures taken from their website: La Huerta Estate




3. Alpadi Estate

I haven't researched much about the Alpadi Estate. What made me decide to include it in my list was this website: Woodland Wonderland

I love the Spanish rustic charm of the estate. Based on the photos, it has lots of staircases which is good if you like the classic staircase shots. I will update this more once I have done my ocular. As for now, you can click the link above for the photos.

4. Pinto Art Museum

Pinto Art Museum is museum located in Antipolo, Rizal which showcases modern and contemporary arts, and indigenous arts. I haven't been in the museum yet hopefully, it is one of the top 4 venues I would want the wedding to be held. I didn't thought they held weddings until our photographer told us that Pinto Art Museum actually held weddings. I actually fantasize getting married in a museum.



Photo credit to Pinto Art Museum Facebook Page


5. The Dome Antipolo

The Dome is located inside Valley Golf subdivision. What catches my attention was that there is no corkage fee for caterers. Haha! Anyway, the venue consists of an air-conditioned indoor area, and an outdoor area. Also, the second floor has a balcony overlooking the city of Manila. I will update this once I visit the place. I'm so tamad to steal pics anymore. :p

6. Velada Estate


Comparable to The Mango Farm. I will update once I visit the place. But you can check out their website for the photos of the ceremony and reception.


So, I'm really quite bias between TMF and La Huerta. Those are our only choices honestly. But I'm quite flexible with Alpadi Estate because of it's rustic charms. So that's all for now. I'm so tamad na to blog. :p 

No comments:

Post a Comment