Thursday 4 February 2016

Monthly Wedding Updates: JANUARY!

Hello, hello!

So here's the rundown of what we have accomplished for the wedding:

Crooo.. crooo...

Kidding!


  1. The fiance and I opened a joint savings account wherein we can put funds for the wedding. So far, we have S$2,000 inside the account. S$18,000 to go! We accept donations for the wedding. Just PM me for more details. Thank you!
  2. We already booked our caterer. Our top choice for the caterers are K by Cunanan, Passion Cooks, and Purple Dish. The reason why we chose them as our top choices is because of the good reviews we had read. We haven't had our initial food tasting yet. Initially, we liked to get Passion Cooks as our caterer because the AE I talked with seems nice and very accommodating. The reviews I read are also all praises for the caterer. However, we decided to choose K by Cunanan because the fiance already had a taste of their food and he liked the food in K by Cunanan. Also, the designs of their stylists are also very nice. After booking them, I had my sister attend the initial food tasting. She said the food all taste good and the AE assigned to us, Bea, is also very nice. So, I think we had a good choice. As for the third caterer, I guess I will expound on it on another blog post.
  3. We don't have a venue yet. We will go to the Philippines to look for venue on Feb. 12. The venues we will take a look at are:
    • The Mango Farm
    • La Huerta Estate
    • Pinto Art Museum
    • Alpadi Estate
  4. Photographer! Initially, we wanted to get the service of Bliss and Berries. However, they are too soft for my taste. They take very nice photos and videos, though. I prefer them than Nice Photography (which I actually think are very overrated). We also considered getting Randolf Evans Photography or ProudRad. However, we chose ProudRad because I think they suit our personality more. The hindi-cheesy-puro-asaran couple that we are. Also, I think their style is very unique. Medyo may sipa. Ganun. Pak! ProudRad style is more leaning on the dark side. Of the force. Kidding aside. Their style is very dramatic yet colorful. Opposed to the sweet, soft styles of the usual wedding photographers most brides are looking at.
  5. Videographer! Pending. We haven't talked to any videographer yet. I just inquired at Woodstock Cinema. I liked their style also. The cinematography is very nice. If we have lots of budget for the wedding, I will asked the fiance to book Red Sheep Cinema. But we as much as possible, want to have a value for money wedding. Other choices are: Ghie Consolacion, Vidlens, and Dan Mendiola.
  6. Couturier! Pending. Since we are based overseas, we are considering to have the suit and bridal gown made here in Singapore. We still have to consider the expenses. Although, I asked several designers in the Philippines for their rate for the peg that I want. I will still think about it. I think I still have time for that.
  7. Coordinator! We are decided to get the service of 7ten5 events because of the good reviews they have online. I also watched a video of their host, the main coordinator, Sir Lowell. His hosting is really good and very lively. He also promptly replies on my emails and viber messages. We are going to meet him on Feb. 14 to discuss about the wedding plans and his services.
So that's all for now. I will update this blog on the weekend, hopefully, because it'll be long weekend here in Singapore. IT life is very hectic and stressful. Most of my idle time, I would just like to stare on the ceiling thinking of nothing instead of planning the wedding and the future. Wedding planning is kind of stressful when you are overseas. As much as possible, I want to be hands on with it but then it is not really that possible. I'm quite of a lazy perfectionist, you see. I'm very OC with the schedule but then most of the suppliers cannot meet us on the day that we will be in the Philippines. When dilemmas with schedule happen, I'm losing my energy with the preparations. Also, I don't want to stress the fiance driving around Manila just to go from Point A to Point B to Point C. So hopefully things will get better on 3 day trip to Manila just to assist the wedding preps and the engagement dinner.

Hayyy kastress!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am planning a wedding next year, we decided to get dreamechanics as videographer.

    ReplyDelete