Monday 8 February 2016

Two Rings to Rule Us All!!!

One ring to rule them all, one ring to bind them
One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them
- Lord of the Rings

I just put  a quote to add substance to this blog post. Yes! My fiance and I finally have our wedding bands yet we still don't have a venue. Haha! The reason we already bought our wedding bands is because we will have a civil wedding here in Singapore this April 8, 2015. I will write a blog post about how to register for a ROM wedding here in Singapore maybe later, or on the next week. 


The budget we have for the wedding bands is only S$1,000.00 or Php 33,000.00 so it's quite hard looking for one. Most of the pairs we looked at costs around S$1600 to S$2,500 or Php 52,000 to Php 82,500. Good thing, the day we looked for a ring there were lots of Chinese New Year Sale. Actually, those rings we saw that cost less than $2,000 were already discounted at 20%. So, it was still expensive for the two of us.


We scouted for rings at Suntec Mall here in Singapore. I read in GirlTalk (the filipino forum I frequent) that GOLDHEART, Lee Hwa, and Soo Kee have nice rings lower than $2,000 a pair. I, initially, wanted to buy our wedding bands in SK since the fiance bought my engagement ring there. However, their most affordable pair are priced at S$2000++. It is still way above our budget. Luckily, I remembered one of the girls in the forum got their pair for less than a thousand in GOLDHEART. So, off we go to GOLDHEART and found the perfect pair we were looking for. The pair we got were 18K white gold rings. Mine was encrusted with 0.10 carat sapphire diamonds. It was elegant looking and still affordable for us.


We still don't have the ring because it's a holiday here. Hopefully, we will have it in 10 days time. I also refuse to take a picture of the ring until we got married in ROM. So, how do I end this blog post? Ganto na lang. Bigla na lang mawawala.





No comments:

Post a Comment